The aim of the SWIFt (Supporting Wellbeing and Independence in Frailty) service is to support older people who are living with frailty by providing a person centred approach which involves working together with the individual to identify ways to address what matters to them and how to build their strengths and provide practical support to improve their health and wellbeing.
SWIFt Wellbeing Coordinator – 24.5 hours per week (35 hours per week FTE)
Salary £23,040 pro-rata – funded to September 2021
Please scroll down for a job pack.
All elements of the service will prioritise older people who are living without significant support in order to improve their wellbeing and independence. You will create action plans with older people which will promote choice, respect individuality and encourage self-determination.
You will have the ability to build trusting working relationships whilst motivating older people to make sustained changes, working in a sensitive manner and overcoming barriers to access.
As well as having a person-centred approach you will be expected to build and develop relationships with a wide range of services and activities in order to address social and health care needs, supporting older people to participate and benefit from community based activities.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate all or most of the following attributes:
- Experience of working with older people
- An understanding of the issues, needs of and barriers older people with complex issues face to accessing services and how to overcome them.
- Ability to support and motivate older to make sustained changes in their lives.
- Ability to work using a strengths based approach
- Ability to work creatively, flexibly and imaginatively with older people with frailty and complex issues.
Download the job pack below.
- Covering Letter - download covering letter here
- Job Description - download Job Description here
- Person Specification - download Person Specification here
- Application Form - download Application Form here
- Equality & Diversity Statement - download E&D Statement here
- Guidance Notes - download Guidance Notes here
- Information about Feel Good Factor - download Information about FGF here
- Safeguarding Statement - download Safeguarding Statement here
PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT ACCEPT CVs – NO AGENCIES
Feel Good Factor is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
- Closing date for completed applications is 5 pm on Tuesday 19th November 2019
- Interviews to take place: Tuesday 3rd December 2019
- The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.