We’re recruiting for a Healthy Lives Healthy Homes Peer Support and Activities Development Worker. The hours are 17.5 per week, salary £21,930 pro-rata and this will be Maternity Cover for up to 12 months.
Our Healthy Lives Healthy Homes project, funded by the Big Lottery, aims to promote and support active, healthy independent living for older people residing in the areas of Chapeltown and Harehills by providing a seamless project with locally based organisations and volunteers enabling older people to better retain and maintain their health, independence, and control.
- To provide opportunities for social, emotional and wellbeing activities for older people with long term conditions (LTCs) and Carers
- To support the development of peer mentoring and support initiatives
- To provide information and support to Carers in relation to accessing mainstream services for people with LTCs including Dementia
- To work closely with our partners, Care and Repair Leeds and Leeds Black Elders Association
- To support the HLHH Coordinator in recruiting and training of individuals to become Living Well Peer Support Champions (Volunteers)
Download your pack via our Vacancies page here.
For an informal chat about the position, please contact Zobi Barok, Healthy Lives Healthy Homes Coordinator on 0113 3504200
The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.
Closing date for applications : Monday 29 October 2018 at 12 noon
Interviews will take place: Friday 16 November 2018
PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT ACCEPT CVs – NO AGENCIES
Feel Good Factor is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.